I cannot tell you how cool it was to listen to the Twilight and New Moon stars - and Director Catherine Hardwicke over the past two days. Check out my photos from the convention. (<---Like Fake Rob from "The Twilighters"?) And there were lots of stories from Catherine and the actors about things that happened on set. Here are a few: - Edi Gathegi would walk toward Taylor Lautner in full costume with the "eyes" in and just go "Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Taylor. Taylor." and Taylor would flip out and say "Stop doing that, you're freaking me out!"
- In New Moon, when they were filming the scene where Sam finds Bella in the woods, someone yelled "Sam found her!" and everyone turns and runs into the woods... and Gil Birmingham is just sitting there in the wheelchair like "uh.. guys?"
- Ever notice how Gil drives the truck in Twilight? It was the lesser of two evils. He was in a wheelchair, but Jacob was supposed to be underage, so they said, "You gotta drive!"
- A well known actor was offered a role in Twilight and turned it down because the film was so small and low budget. The same well-known actor has accepted a role now that the franchise is huge. Wonder - Bryce - who - Dallas - that - Howard - could be? (I am speculating here, but if you have a better idea, by all means, please comment!)
- Edi called Jackson and used this ridiculous, high-pitched, girly voice and said he was an assistant to Catherine.. and that Catherine didn't like his new dye-job and that he needed to get it dyed back to the original color. Jackson was on the other line with his manager who told him she was thrilled and she hated the blond. Edi then called Jackson back and said he was kidding and his manager did mucho back-peddling. And ALL of this happened because PFach told him to do it. That guy is a prankster. You can just tell.
- Rob picked up a shirt off his buddy's floor and wore it to the Teen Choice Awards. And if that isn't icky enough, his buddy had worn it the night before to play in a band in some bar. And Rob was WITH HIM while he was wearing it. Ew, ew and more ew.
- Edi only signed up for Twitter to make his mom happy. She told him that way, he wouldn't have to call her all the time to let her know where he was. He just types "Just got off the plane in NJ" and she knows he's OK. Awwww. Isn't that adorable?!
- Graham Greene is the only guy to ever have kissed Gil Birmingham on the lips. (Have I mentioned I LOVE LOVE LOVE Graham Greene who is playing Harry Clearwater? Well I do.)
OK that's it for me for now. I am exhausted because we spent a wild-and-crazy night with my niece, Caitlin, at the Rattlesnake - the restaurant/bar where she works. Great band. It was a little crazy. My hand is bruised from all the tambourine playing I did. We'll just leave it at that!